WOW - That is sleek and such a simple solution. Now my kid will watch Hindi Movies, see that no one smokes in the movies (What if he watches older or firangi movies - Mr. Minister please help) and it will suddenly dawn on him / her that "I should never smoke"
It was only the other day that my neighbor's son, started smoking after watching Ajay Devgan in Company, or Amitabh B in Kalia. Phew - now comes the relief. No more such stories. Thank GOD.
Minister sir - surely your solution will go a long way in helping us souls get rid of the vice. But, sir I have a few doubts and probably you can help.
- What happens to older movies? Do we remake or edit them?
- What happens to biographical movies?
- Have you sent the memo to Mr. Steven Spielberg?
- What happens to Foreign films? not only the Hollywood ones
- Does this apply to documentaries?
- What if I am shooting for my Film (under the new rules) on the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai and some guy in the background (not a paid extra) is smoking?
- What all types of smoking are banned? Cigarettes, Bidis, Pot, Chillam etc etc?
- Is smoking banned in the "Theater world"? I mean the Dramas and plays?
- That reminds me - Can I smoke in the movie theater?
- What happens if you / your government loses the next election and your successor does not share the same optimism?
- And the perennial question - When are you coming up with the ban on depicting the following in the movies as well
- Skin Fest
- other vices - I have not included "sex" in here but you are free to do so
You must have started believing that I am a chain smoker by now. But actually I detest smoking as much as you do. Especially the Passive smoking. I would be glad if we can get rid of this vice and wipe the world clean of this vice.
Unfortunately however, I do not share the same Utopian world like yours where banning smoking from the Films will actually even make a small dent to the industry.
I will stand right next to you, if you decide to ban smoking completely.
- an avid non smoker