My Take on the world events
I have views too and so do you.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

What did you say honey?

The Issue on Hand

Setting: Living room
@mit watching the TV on the couch munching on pop corn( Sports Channel. Minnesota Vikings v/s GB Packers. 4th Quarter. Vikings need a touchdown and all hopes on Dante)

My wife in the kitchen, cleaning up.

My wife(lovingly) Can you clear the trash honey?

@mit munching on pop corn...munch munch

My wife (a bit irritated): are you listening?

@mit biting the nails now cause it the the 3rd down and 10

My wife (shouting at the top of her voice): shut the damn TV. Clear the trash

@mit still biting on his nails and praying to all GODS that Dante does it.

My Wife standing next to me and still shouting: CLEAR THE TRASH

My Wife (shaking me, taking the remote and shutiing the TV) : Are you even here?

@mit: What are you doing? Can't you see....

My Wife: Can't you listen, I am shouting for last few minutes. You never listen to what I say.
You need to check your ears.

@mit catches the feeble shouts of his neighbors shouting because of the touchdown and starts dancing.

My Wife (sobbing now): you cannot even hear me but you can listen to the neighbors TV and the score... My god ... what happened to you...

I always knew nothing was wrong with me

Cause: Men process female voice differently (I do it even better)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r great,,my hero ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmm .. Next time your wife should beat u up :)

Poor soul ... and no excuses for not listening to our complex voices....

Michael Higgins said...

Hi @mit
What you say ring true. Your wite's timing seemed poor, but if you watch a lot of sports, such conflicts are inevitable.

Vinz said...

Hey amit...

A humourous post...hehe...Am still chickling...Keep ur good work..
And dont tell this to ur wife...hehe

Minal said...

A conflict that would ba rarity in my house cause Hubby and I both sports buffs;-)

Ideally all wives should hook on to sports and then let's see who'll take out the trash;-)

If you can't beat them join them:-)

Neat post:-)

Anonymous said...

Next time when your wife says the word "trash" just make sure she dosent mean you:)

Aparna Ray said...

lol cool post...but then isn't it better to be yelled at in a sweet feminine voice than have a gruff male voiceover doing the needful? and are you sure the research findings are correct...I mean sometimes men hear most correctly what women whisper...when it suits them ;-)

saurav said...

hmmm....you are a brave man indeed....

mamatha said...

men are awful sometimes. why can u not ever tell when 'take out the trash" really means,"if you don't do as i ask then i mean nothing to you, and you want to keep proving that to me don't you?"!

;) i know i act irrationally when he doesn't do as i ask,but at that minute it is the most important thing in world.

by the way minal, i love baseball alot now b/c of hubby and i have always loved basketball and hockey, and i'll watch sports with robin(hubby), but that doesn't mean that i want him to pay more attention to the tv vs. me. (of course when i have a show on and he disturbs me...:))

mamatha

Sujatha Bagal said...

I second Minal about the sports. In fact, more than 50% of NFL fans are women. I did not belive this at first, but you only have to go to a game or carefully scan the game crowds on TV to realize that is true. And I to have sports trivia nuggets that I throw out when we're watching games with our friends and the male ones tend to be mighty impressed.

In our house, it's the news. I watch the news and am interested in what's going on in the world, but I draw the line at watching the same news 24 hours a day (which is what the 24/7 news channels have, b/c, really, there is not that much going on in the world).

Amit said...

Parna - My wife nearly accomplishes that --- and the towel was for hanging me or for the "sob sob" wife.. :-)

Ankur - Well I do my best to be an inspiration to others :-)


Jyoti A - Please do not give any ideas to my wife -- and I agree she does have to put up with me


Rakesh - I would not recommend using this excuse, as it has not worked for me personally. but you can take the risk


Michael - any best practices or lessons learnt from you will help :-)

Vinu - Thankfully she does not read my blog --- at least that is what I think

Minal - Can I ask my wife to contact you? PLEASE PLEASE?

vin - I think sometime she does :-(

aparna - shhhh - do not let the secret out. I love the female voice -- i mean my wife's

avik - Thanks I do try to remain that way

mamatha - I think you, Minal and my wife needs to have a telecon - what do you say?


Bharati - Pu La rocks... he always says the right thing at the right time.


Sujatha - Will you join the Telecon as well? My wife may convert you otherwise though...so beware... I think she likes Cricket as long as it means keeping a tab on the score...

sebia said...

hilarious