My Take on the world events
I have views too and so do you.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Time to Introspect?

Rediff today has run a wonderful article on the hypocrisy of Indians and our blind faith which we sometimes refer to as our culture or nationalism. This article reminds me of a small skit that we had performed while in the college which was a sarcastic take on how we learn the Pledge by heart but defy it in every walk of our life (hypocrisy).

I think we all need to introspect our belief that all is well and that our "culture" is an answer to all that is wrong in the western societies. I recently had a debate with one of my friends on how the females in India actually believe that they ARE the weaker sex. Unless all and sundry actually believe that women are more that breeders and practice it, we should never bask in the relief that we respect our mothers and sisters.

Elsewhere our political leaders have thankfully started introspecting a bit and are honestly admitting to a few things which our history lessons have forgot. More on that in my next blog....

No comments: